Community

New Year Brings Big Changes and Sweet Memories

Brilliant oranges and golds break the gray morning sky, I settle down onto the well worn beige couch. I am waiting, like most mornings, for Mikelle to call out for me. For her to signal she is awake and ready to start the day. Many days she lays awake waiting for the doorknob to turn […]

New Year Brings Big Changes and Sweet Memories Read More »

Thanksgiving…a tribute to Veterans and Heros

November, the month before Christmas, is affectionately known as Movember where a guy can sport a mustachioed look and feel confident about it. November is the month where the days are short and bright and the nights are long and chilly. November is the month we honor Veterans tasked with protecting our country. Society salutes

Thanksgiving…a tribute to Veterans and Heros Read More »

Inspiring and Energy…finding your spirit in the arts.

Life can be challenging. Life with a disability can be overwhelming. Each day has the potential to be an uphill battle, whether psychological or physical, it can be painful and discouraging.  We all desire a happy, pain-free, and H.O.P.E. filled life with rich meaning and contribution. Despite our difficulties, we need to choose each day

Inspiring and Energy…finding your spirit in the arts. Read More »

It’s not March Madness, but it is Bracelet Bonanza!

March Madness does exist at Mikelle’s home, but it is more like madness for making money at her Bracelet Bonanza Party. While many things bring a smile to Mikelle’s face, nothing makes her more confident than gathering the green stuff in her small hand. At the first ever Social Security Beneficiaries Summit, via conference call,

It’s not March Madness, but it is Bracelet Bonanza! Read More »